Remediation is the removal of something unwanted like mosquitoes. In mold remediation, you remove mold from a given area. In mosquito remediation, you are removing mosquitoes from an area such as a backyard or property.
REQUEST A QUOTE TODAY.
In mosquito remediation, we remove (dramatically lower) the population of mosquitoes in a given area so you can Enjoy Your Yard. Sometimes mosquito remediation is also referred to as mosquito control.
Effective Mosquito Control
- Our trained technicians will walk your property to evaluate for conducive breading grounds. After treatment, you will be contacted regarding measures you can take to control mosquitos. More information can be found on our FAQ Page.
- Our licensed applicators will spray a quick drying barrier spray to foliage, shrubs, under decks, and areas where mosquitoes are known to inhabit, moist shaded areas. We spray where the sun doesn't shine.
- The barrier spray contains a low dose insecticide (1/8th of a teatspon for the average property) that is a synthetic compound found in the chrysanthemum family of plants. This is an EPA approved compound with a proven record of accomplishment in reducing mosquito populations. The spray provides a quick knockdown of mosquitoes. The barrier spray also has a surfactant to allow the spray to adhere to foliage. When mosquitoes enter your yard to feed on the foliage, they will ingest the compound.* Did you know both male and female mosquitoes suck on the nectar of plants for energy? Mosquitos also like to stay cool during the heat of the days and feed (blood meal) in the evening. During the day, mosquitoes can be found where your yard is the coolest (out of direct sunlight). It is these areas where we apply the barrier spray.
- Before remediation you will be notified of our application date, immediately after remediation you will be provided a written notification that your yard has been remediated and according to your schedule we will return approximately every 21 days to reapply.
- We also respect loyalty; we will discount neighborhood groups and discount clients for referral business. We know once you hire Curren you will be satisfied.
Why Curren Mosquito Remediation?
Curren is first and foremost an environmental services firm. Curren has assisted fortune 500 companies as wells residential property owners with their environmental issues. We work for the environment 24/7 365 days a year.
We employ environmental professionals localized to their field of knowledge. We are not a corporate franchise, nor are we a lawn cutting service that wants to offer you an add-on service. We are environmental professionals.
Curren has a proven track record in solving environmental issues. We employ company personnel and utilize in-house equipment for our services, which allows a lower cost overhead and a better quality of service for our clients.
Curren takes a scientific approach to mosquito control. We evaluate each site individually, we utilize compounds that are EPA approved, have low toxicity to humans, and readily breakdown into the environment and are proven effective. We use precision tuned application equipment and our barrier spray application is engineered for maximum results.
We think like a mosquitoes. Yes, that phrase sounds funny, but it is true. Mosquitoes are tiny. Heat and direct sunlight will dry them out and kill them, which is why we scratch our heads when we see competitors spray lawns, that is not where mosquitoes live, hence we think like a mosquito. We understand the four-stage life cycle of a mosquito, where they live when they are not biting you and where they will be. We use our understanding of mosquito control to remediate your yard of mosquitoes.
Mosquito Control Facts
- It is important to say that mosquito remediation is not a 100% solution. It is also called mosquito reduction for a reason. There is a gauranteed reduction in mosquitoes after application.
- There is no way to prevent every mosquito from coming into your yard, as mosquitos can have a fly with a range of ½ a mile and some species can travel several miles.
- We have found that when multiple neighbors utilize the service, mosquito populations drop significantly.
- All you could possibly want to know about mosquitos can be found in Curren’s Mosquito FAQ.
"What if I'm the only house utilizing mosquito remediation? Will your service still be effective?
Yes, Mosquito remediation can work in a single yard as it will knock down the immediate mosquito population and reduce the population of mosquitos that may enter your yard from a neighbor. Remember that you need a male and female mosquito to reproduce (yes - kind of like the birds and the bees). Our barrier spray targets both male and females, reducing the immediate head count of mosquitoes as well as eliminating potential future mating, hey it takes two to tango.