Health Concerns with Mold Exposure
Mold emits spores and chemicals as part of their normal life cycle. Individuals near and around Mold may exhibit health concerning reactions. These spores from Mold are microscopic and once airborne can be inhaled easily. These spores may contain allergens and can cause serious irritation in the nose, throat, and the respiratory tract.
Common allergic reactions include but are not limited to:
In addition to allergens, mold can emit Microbiological Volatile Organic Compounds (MVOC’s). These chemicals usually have a very strong and unpleasant odor and can be associated with that musty smell that many individuals equate to Mold. These chemicals are released into the air and can also cause serious health concerns.
Common reactions to MOVC’S
Molds can also produce toxic substances called Mycotoxins. Mycotoxins can be inhaled, ingested or absorbed through the skin. Mycotoxins are potent, toxic chemicals that can cause significant health problems.
Mycotoxins can affect the following:
Curren Environmental, Inc. can inspect your residential or commercial property, help define the cause of the mold and offer a solution with both mold remediation and mold prevention. Please call at 609-858-9509 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Mold visit please visit Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.