Prevention Tips to keep a clean and moisture free home.
Steps to prevent Mold in the Winter Months...
Don’t let mold grow over the winter…
Steps to prevent mold in the winter months.
- Keep moisture from creeping in your home or building.
- Check for cracked or defective areas in your basement. Water can find those areas and seep in.
- Inspect all outside drainage areas, all the roof leaders (downspouts), all gutters should be cleaned and clear.
- If the home is vacant for the season make sure all pipes are dry and the water has properly been shut off.
- Set the heat to a proper temperature to ensure no pipes can freeze and burst.
- If there are freezing temperatures, take measures to insulate pipes inside and out to ensure they will not crack and/or burst.
- Make sure all the seals on the windows and doors are not compromised and in good-working condition.
- Ensure proper ground sloping away from your home or building foundation so that water does not collect in a certain area to enter it.
- Properly use your bathroom fan. Always use when the shower is on and try to keep a window open.
- Always act quickly if you see condensation on windows, pipes, or walls inside a building. Find the source of the condensation and provide a solution.
- Keep everything clean and dry.
Cold and wet moisure can creep into cracks, holes and small areas of your home or building. If you see any moisture build up find the source as soon as possible to prevent mold growth.
Questions or concerns on Mold? Contact us by filling out the form below.