Changes to the NJDEP & EDA Tank Grant Effective September 15, 2011
Grant applications that have already passed NJDEP review and have been submitted to the EDA are now being processed by the EDA with the monies added to the Grant Fund from the 2012 State appropriation. These applicants who had submitted their grants prior to the May 3, 2011 fund change will be receiving notification from the EDA over the next few weeks.
Applications that are in-house at the EDA but incomplete will be reviewed and processed in the order that they were received and held until sufficient funds become available.
There is a priority system that is in place pertaining to which applicants get funding first as per NJSA 58:10A-37.4, which is as follows:
1) Applications indicating a discharge posing a threat to drinking water, human health or sensitive ecological area;
2) Supplemental applications for remediation of discharge from regulated tanks;
3) Applications for remediation of discharge from regulated tanks;
4) Supplemental applications for remediation of discharge from unregulated tanks;
5) Applications for remediation of discharge from unregulated tanks;
6) Non-leaking tank applications
Within each of these categories, priority is based on the application filing date and processing dates that EDA staff adheres to when conducting its review.